Diva Cooking 101

Divas cook gorgeous things that are fabulous enough to share with friends and family. They just don't cook much. Every diva needs a few, easy signature dishes to get by. Are you a diva cook?

Divas cook while listening to Billie Holiday, Muddy Waters, or the Rolling Stones.

Divas cook while sipping Champagne, Chardonnay, or a martini.

Divas cook with a feather boa draped around their shoulders.

While cooking, divas nibble gin-soaked olives or Champagne-saturated strawberries.

Divas cook while wearing an apron that says, "Tomorrow is another Chardonnay."

A diva's favorite breakfast is last night's appetizers.

Divas don't stress over particular amounts in any recipe. Glugs, plops, and handfuls are accurate enough.

Divas can cook with boas because diva recipes do not require many steps. Still, the food is fabulous.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wine Jokes

Here's something on my web site that will not help you gain weight. Enjoy!

Water to Wine

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.
He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?"
"Just water," says the priest. The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?"
The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again!"

Hormone Hostage

Every "Hormone Hostage" knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth and he takes his life in his hands.
Use this handy guide as a discussion tool or simply print it out and give it to your loved one to keep in his wallet...

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing THAT?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: Wow! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, I've got lots of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did YOU DO all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe.

Wine & Apples

Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree.
Most men don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they’re amazing. They just have to wait for the right person to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now Men… Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it’s up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

The Teetotaler

A woman was walking down the street when she was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who asked her for a couple of dollars for dinner.
The woman took out her bill fold, extracted ten dollars and asked, “If I give you this money, will you buy some wine with it instead of dinner?”

“No, I had to stop drinking years ago,” the homeless woman replied.

“Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?” the woman asked.

“No, I don’t waste time shopping,” the homeless woman said. “I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive.”

“Will you spend this on a beauty salon instead of food?” the woman asked.

“Are you NUTS!” replied the homeless woman. “I haven’t had my hair done in
20 years!”

“Well,” said the woman, “I’m not going to give you the money. Instead, I’m going to take you out for dinner with my husband and myself tonight.”

The homeless woman was astounded. “Won’t your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know I’m dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting.”

The woman replied, “That’s okay. It’s important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hair appointments and wine.”

Temperance Sermon

A preacher was completing a temperance sermon: with great expression he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

With even greater emphasis, he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

And then, finally, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river." He sat down.

The song leader then stood very cautiously and announced with a pleasant smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365: 'Shall We Gather At the River.'"

New Wine

California vinters in the Napa Valley region, which primarily produces Pinot Noir, Pinot Blanc, and Pinot Grigio wine, have developed a new hybrid grape that acts as an anti-diuretic. It is expected to reduce the number of nighttime visits to the bathroom.

The new wine will be marketed as Pinot More.

No comments: